kafka-users mailing list archives

From Banias H <banias4sp...@gmail.com>
Subject Suggestions of pulling local application logs into Kafka
Date Tue, 03 May 2016 19:49:24 GMT
We use Kafka (0.9.x) internally in our pipeline and now we would like to
ingest application logs sitting in local file system of servers external to
the Kafka cluster.

We could write a producer program running on the application servers to
push files to Kafka. However we wonder if we can leverage Kafka Connect to
pull files into Kafka. It requires a connector to access local file systems
and I am not sure if I can make use of existing connectors or I need to
write one.

Any thoughts or reference would be helpful.

Thanks,