kafka-users mailing list archives

From Avi Flax <avi.f...@parkassist.com>
Subject Does the Kafka Streams DSL support non-Kafka sources/sinks?
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2016 15:47:46 GMT
Hi all,

Is it possible to use the Kafka Streams DSL to build a topology that has a source and/or sink
that is/are not Kafka Topic(s)?

As an example, I would like to consume some events from an API via WebSockets and use that
as a source in a Kafka Streams topology — ideally one defined with the DSL. I currently
have an API wherein I can supply a closure to my WebSockets API, and that closure will be
“fed” events from the WebSockets connection as they come in. I’d be happy to direct
the events through some kind of intermediary like a queue or other iterable (i.e. I could
just provide an iterable to the topology.)

I do have other cases besides WebSockets though; another need I have is to write data to a
SQL database as a topology sink.

If this is in the docs then I apologize; I must have missed it somehow.

Thank you!
Avi

Software Architect @ Park Assist » We’re hiring!