kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Tauzell, Dave" <Dave.Tauz...@surescripts.com>
Subject Kafka Connect HdfsSink and the Schema Registry
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2016 15:08:25 GMT
I have been able to get my C# client to put avro records to a Kafka topic and have the HdfsSink
read and save them in files.  I am confused about interaction with the registry.  The kafka
message contains a schema id an I see the connector look that up in the registry.  Then it
also looks up a subject which is <topic>-value.

What is the relationship between the passed schema id and the subject which is derived from
the topic name?

-Dave

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential, may contain sensitive information,
and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail immediately
and destroy all copies of the e-mail and any attachments.