kafka-users mailing list archives

From Ben Stopford <...@confluent.io>
Subject Re: Setting max fetch size for the console consumer
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2016 13:41:18 GMT
It’s actually more than one setting:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21020347/kafka-sending-a-15mb-message <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21020347/kafka-sending-a-15mb-message>

> On 24 Jun 2016, at 14:31, Tauzell, Dave <Dave.Tauzell@surescripts.com> wrote:
>
> How do I set the maximum fetch size for the console consumer?
>
> I'm getting this error when doing some testing with large messages:
>
> kafka.common.MessageSizeTooLargeException: Found a message larger than the maximum fetch
size of this consumer on topic replicated_twice partition 28 at fetch offset 11596. Increase
the fetch size, or decrease the maximum message size the broker will allow.

I Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/Surescripts> I YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/SurescriptsTV>

> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential, may contain sensitive
information, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they
are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply
e-mail immediately and destroy all copies of the e-mail and any attachments.