kafka-users mailing list archives

From Avi Flax <avi.f...@parkassist.com>
Subject Re: KStreams.reduceByKey passing nulls to my Deserializer?
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2016 18:27:53 GMT

> On Jun 10, 2016, at 14:24, Avi Flax <avi.flax@parkassist.com> wrote:
>
> Hi, I’m using Kafka Streams (0.10.0) with JRuby, most of my scripts/nodes are working
well at this point, except for one which is using reduceByKey.

Whoops, I should probably share my code as well!

Here’s the topology:

builder.stream(key_serde, val_serde, 'visit-update-events')
       .reduceByKey(-> (a, b) { a.merge b }, key_serde, val_serde, 'intermediate-visits')
       .to(key_serde, val_serde, 'visits’)

This is using Ruby syntax, but hopefully it’s fairly readable. I’ve added it to this gist
as well:
https://gist.github.com/aviflax/3428cdbaa18aca9bf0a958c6d5eac2bd

Thanks!
Avi