kafka-users mailing list archives

From Sungwook Yoon <sy...@maprtech.com>
Subject Failed to deserialize data to Avro:
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2016 18:46:04 GMT
Hi,

I am testing kafka connect and got this error,

Exception in thread "WorkerSinkTask-local-file-sink-0"
org.apache.kafka.connect.errors.DataException: Failed to deserialize data
to Avro:
        at
io.confluent.connect.avro.AvroConverter.toConnectData(AvroConverter.java:109)
        at
org.apache.kafka.connect.runtime.WorkerSinkTask.convertMessages(WorkerSinkTask.java:266)
        at
org.apache.kafka.connect.runtime.WorkerSinkTask.poll(WorkerSinkTask.java:175)
        at
org.apache.kafka.connect.runtime.WorkerSinkTaskThread.iteration(WorkerSinkTaskThread.java:90)
        at
org.apache.kafka.connect.runtime.WorkerSinkTaskThread.execute(WorkerSinkTaskThread.java:58)
        at
org.apache.kafka.connect.util.ShutdownableThread.run(ShutdownableThread.java:82)
Caused by: org.apache.kafka.common.errors.SerializationException: Error
deserializing Avro message for id -1
Caused by: org.apache.kafka.common.errors.SerializationException: Unknown
magic byte!

I am using
Kafka Connect 2.0.0
Kafka 0.9
with Schema Registry Running for Avro Schema Serving.

Why am I getting this error?
I believe the schema registry server is running fine, since I checked its
running through other means.

Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks,

Sungwook