kafka-users mailing list archives

From Barry Kaplan <bkap...@memelet.com>
Subject Re: Rate that connect delivers messages
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2016 05:02:59 GMT
Hmm, well CPU is pretty much zero. Heap is barely used. I even made the
task put method be a noop other than to log time-since-last call. No
change. With yourkit I see that ES has a thread that is sleeping, but it's
in a monitor thread pool and clearly not blocking kafka. Anyway, I even
removed all code except logging and still it takes 10s to deliver just 1500
messages.

I would say maybe it's the network, but the writing to ES is quite fast and
the data in from kafka exactly what goes out to ES.

I'll keep investigating.