kafka-users mailing list archives

From Sathyakumar Seshachalam <sathyakumar_seshacha...@trimble.com>
Subject Log retention just for offset topic
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2016 04:19:33 GMT
Am little confused about how log cleaner works. My use case is that I want
to compact just selected topics (or in my case just the internal topic
__consumers_offsets and want to leave other topics as is).

Whats the right settings/configuration for this to happen.

As I understand log cleaner enable/disable is a global setting. And my
understanding is that they will clean all logs (compact logs based on
cleanup policy), and so all topics' clean up policy will be considered and
hence compacted - compact being the default policy. Is this correct ?

I have set all topic's retention duration to be a really exorbitantly high
value. Does it mean __consumer_offsets wont be compacted at all ? If so,
how to set retention time just for offset topic it being an internal topic.

Regards,
Sathya