kafka-users mailing list archives

From Ben Stopford <...@confluent.io>
Subject Re: How many connections per consumer/producer
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2016 14:34:42 GMT
Hi Dhiaraj

That shouldn’t be the case. As I understand it both the producer and consumer hold a single
connection to each broker they need to communicate with. Multiple produce requests can be
sent through a single connection in the producer (the number being configurable with max.in.flight.requests.per.connection
and non-blocking io is used). Consumers (new consumer) send a single request to each broker.

Hope that helps