kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Tauzell, Dave" <Dave.Tauz...@surescripts.com>
Subject Setting max fetch size for the console consumer
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2016 13:31:02 GMT
How do I set the maximum fetch size for the console consumer?

I'm getting this error when doing some testing with large messages:

kafka.common.MessageSizeTooLargeException: Found a message larger than the maximum fetch size
of this consumer on topic replicated_twice partition 28 at fetch offset 11596. Increase the
fetch size, or decrease the maximum message size the broker will allow.

Dave Tauzell | Senior Software Engineer | Surescripts
O: 651.855.3042 | www.surescripts.com<http://www.surescripts.com/> |   Dave.Tauzell@surescripts.com<mailto:Dave.Tauzell@surescripts.com>
Connect with us: Twitter<https://twitter.com/Surescripts> I LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/surescripts-llc>
I Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/Surescripts> I YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/SurescriptsTV>

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential, may contain sensitive information,
and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail immediately
and destroy all copies of the e-mail and any attachments.