kafka-users mailing list archives

From "thinking" <letianyi...@qq.com>
Subject Re: Three consumers on a single partition
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2016 11:03:56 GMT
hi,
   1. you should check, if your topic partition really have one.
   2. does your consumer get same message or different message.
    e.x all message is 1,2,3,4,5,6,7.  consumer1 get 1,3,7 consumer2 get 2,6, consumer3 get
4,5?

From:  "Al-Isawi Rami";<Rami.Al-Isawi@comptel.com>;
Date:  Tue, Jun 14, 2016 06:58 PM
To:  "users@kafka.apache.org"<users@kafka.apache.org>;

Subject:  Three consumers on a single partition

Hi,

I have a cluster of 3 brokers and 1 topic which has 1 partition and replication factor of
3. There are also 3 consumers consuming from that topic.

Now all the docs I have seen say that if number of consumers is bigger than the number of
partition ( like in my case 3 consumers 1 partition), then only one consumer will get messages
and the other two will not get any, nonetheless, they are all connected.

However, in my case, all the three consumers are getting messages. Any ideas why this is happening?

Regards,
-Rami
Disclaimer: This message and any attachments thereto are intended solely for the addressed
recipient(s) and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the e-mail (including any attachments
thereto) without producing, distributing or retaining any copies thereof. Any review, dissemination
entities other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. Thank you.