kafka-users mailing list archives

From Peter Davis <davi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: console-consumer show offset
Date Sat, 02 Jul 2016 04:30:12 GMT
Vincent, you'll need to provide a custom Message Formatter implementation.  I too found myself
wishing for this for debugging purposes, but the default one doesn't support it.

> ./bin/kafka-console-consumer --new-consumer --bootstrap.server localhost:9092 --topic
foo --formatter my.custom.MessageFormatterClassThatPrintsOffsets

-Peter

> On Jun 30, 2016, at 10:52 AM, Fumo, Vincent <Vincent_Fumo@comcast.com> wrote:
>
> is there a way to show the console consumer offset value with the messages like we do
the key? I tried --property print.offset=true but it didn't work