kafka-users mailing list archives

From Oleg Zhurakousky <ozhurakou...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: KafkaConsumer blocks indefinitely when server settings are wrong
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2016 19:46:59 GMT
Also, reading java docs for KafkaConsumer#poll(timeout) states:

@param timeout The time, in milliseconds, spent waiting in poll if data is not available.
If 0, returns
     *            immediately with any records that are available now. Must not be negative.

Yet even setting it to 0 brings no joy.

Cheers
Oleg

On Jul 28, 2016, at 3:43 PM, Oleg Zhurakousky <ozhurakousky@hortonworks.com<mailto:ozhurakousky@hortonworks.com>>