kafka-users mailing list archives

From Jack Huang <jackhu...@mz.com>
Subject Same partition number of different Kafka topcs
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2016 19:10:20 GMT
Hi all,

I have an application where I need to join events from two different
topics. Every event is identified by an id, which is used as the key for
the topic partition. After doing some experiment, I observed that events
will go into different partitions even if the number of partitions for both
topics are the same. I can't find any documentation on this point though.
Does anyone know if this is indeed the case?

Thanks,
Jack