kafka-users mailing list archives

From Pierre Coquentin <pierre.coquen...@gmail.com>
Subject Synchronized block in StreamTask
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2016 07:09:57 GMT
Hi,

I've a simple technical question about kafka streams.
In class org.apache.kafka.streams.processor.internals.StreamTask, the
method "process" uses a synchronized block but I don't see why, the method
doesn't seem to be called in a multi-threaded environnement as it's created
and only accessed by a specific thread
org.apache.kafka.streams.processor.internals.StreamThread.
Am I missing something ? Or, as the API is unstable, this class is meant in
the future to be shared between several threads ?

Regards,

Pierre