kafka-users mailing list archives

From Sathyakumar Seshachalam <sathyakumar_seshacha...@trimble.com>
Subject Coordinator lost for consumer groups
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2016 08:36:22 GMT
Hi,

I have 3 Kafka nodes (running 0.9.0) that all had active consumers and
producers.

Now all these had uncompacted __consumer_offsets group that grew to 1.8 TB.
So I restarted these nodes with a log.cleaner.enabled to save some space.
Since then consumers have stalled.

When I do a ./kafka-consumer-groups.sh kafka-groups.sh --zookeeper
10.211.16.215 --group groupX --describe,

I get
"Could not fetch offset from kafka for group GroupX partition [GroupX, 0]
due to kafka.common.NotCoordinatorForConsumerException". Note that the
compaction is still in progress. And I get this for most consumer groups.

Any clues how to fix this ?

Regards,
Sathya