kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Luo, Chao" <chao....@here.com>
Subject RE: Negative message latency
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2016 20:44:33 GMT
Hi Dave,

When I tested Kafka, I also observed negative latency sometimes. I guess it is because the
slight clock difference between producers and consumers.

Btw, what is your typical producer-to-consumer latency? My system has an average of 250 milliseconds.
I cannot reduce it anymore.

Best,
Chao

-----Original Message-----
From: Tauzell, Dave [mailto:Dave.Tauzell@surescripts.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2016 3:08 PM
To: users@kafka.apache.org
Subject: Negative message latency

I'm seeing this reported when I run lots of small messages (3K) through Kakfa:  Negative message
latency

Could this be because the clocks on the producer/consumer servers are slightly off?

-Dave

Dave Tauzell | Senior Software Engineer | Surescripts
O: 651.855.3042 | www.surescripts.com<http://www.surescripts.com/> |   Dave.Tauzell@surescripts.com<mailto:Dave.Tauzell@surescripts.com>
Connect with us: Twitter<https://twitter.com/Surescripts> I LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/surescripts-llc>
I Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/Surescripts> I YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/SurescriptsTV>

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential, may contain sensitive information,
and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail immediately
and destroy all copies of the e-mail and any attachments.