kafka-users mailing list archives

From Pawel Huszcza <phusz...@mandaracapital.com>
Subject Kafka - offset preservation
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2016 13:19:50 GMT
Hello,

I tried every different property I can think of - I have set ConsumerConfig.ENABLE_AUTO_COMMIT_CONFIG
= true; ConsumerConfig.AUTO_COMMIT_INTERVAL_MS_CONFIG = 1000, but I have also tried with many
different values
And still every time I start my consumer - I am receiving all the messages ever sent to the
given topic - it is every time the same consumer group; ConsumerConfig.AUTO_OFFSET_RESET_CONFIG
= "latest" but I also tried with "earliest" (just for luck). What is the proper configuration
to get it to work in such a way, that every time I start my consumer - it will process only
the new messages not all of them?

Kind Regards,
Pawel Jan Huszcza