kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Tauzell, Dave" <Dave.Tauz...@surescripts.com>
Subject RE: SSD or not for Kafka brokers?
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2016 14:37:49 GMT
In addition for sequential writes, which is common with kafka, SSD isn't much faster than HDD.

Dave Tauzell | Senior Software Engineer | Surescripts
O: 651.855.3042 | www.surescripts.com |   Dave.Tauzell@surescripts.com
Connect with us: Twitter I LinkedIn I Facebook I YouTube

-----Original Message-----
From: Gerard Klijs [mailto:gerard.klijs@dizzit.com]
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2016 9:33 AM
To: users@kafka.apache.org
Subject: Re: SSD or not for Kafka brokers?

As I under stood it won't really has any advantage over using HDD since most things will work
from the working memory anyway. You might want to use SSD for zookeeper through.

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 12:19 AM Kessiler Rodrigues <kessiler@callinize.com>
wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Should I use SSD for my brokers or not?
>
> What are the pros and cons?
>
> Thank you!

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential, may contain sensitive information,
and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail immediately
and destroy all copies of the e-mail and any attachments.