kafka-users mailing list archives

From numangoceri <numangoc...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Kafka without Storm/Spark
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2016 14:29:47 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I meant actually if we can verify the data reliability without using
Storm or Spark. Because i know that by using Storm, you can guarantee the messages (depending
on the type of the Topology) such as exactly once, at least once.
If i simply use kafka consumer and another producer to forward the messages, could the data
tranfer completely be guaranteed as well?

Numan Göceri

---

Rakesh Vidyadharan <rvidyadharan@gracenote.com> wrote:

>Definitely.  You can read off kafka using the samples shown in KafkaConsumer javadoc,
transform if necessary and publish to the destination topic.

>On 01/07/2016 03:24, "numan goceri" <numangoceri@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
>>Hello everyone,
>>I've a quick question:I'm using Apache Kafka producer to write the messages into a
topic. My source at the moment a csv file but in the future i am supposed to read the messages
from another kafka topic.My question is:Is it possible to consume messages from a Kafka topic
in real-time and write directly into another topic without using any streaming technology
such as storm or spark? If yes, do you have any examples to do that in Java?
>>To sum up, it should be looking like this:Kafka reads from topic "kafkaSource" and
writes into the topic "kafkaResult".