kafka-users mailing list archives

From David Garcia <dav...@spiceworks.com>
Subject Re: Opening up Kafka JMX port for Kafka Consumer in Kafka Streams app
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2016 18:49:33 GMT
Have you looked at kafka manager: https://github.com/yahoo/kafka-manager
It provides consumer level metrics.

-David

On 8/2/16, 12:36 PM, "Phillip Mann" <pmann@trulia.com> wrote:

    Hello all,

    This is a bit of a convoluted title but we are trying to set up monitoring on our Kafka
Cluster and Kafka Streams app.  I currently have JMX port open on our Kafka cluster across
our brokers.  I am able to use a Java JMX client to get certain metrics that are helpful to
us.  However, the data we want to monitor the most is consumer level JMX metrics.  This is
made complicated because there is no documentation for what we are trying to do.  Essentially
we need to expose the JMX port for the Kafka Streams Consumer.  Each Kafka Streams app contains
a producer and consumer (group?).  We want to get the offset lag metrics for the Kafka Streams
consumer.  Is this possible?  If so, how do we do it?  Thanks for the help!!

    Phillip