kafka-users mailing list archives

From Benny Ho <bennyho2...@hotmail.com>
Subject Error: LEADER NOT AVAILABLE
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2016 01:15:15 GMT
Hello,I'm receiving an error while publishing messages to a kafka topic, the steps I took were:1.
Starting zookeeper server2. Starting kafka server3. Sending messages to kafka topic with a
Kafka Producer8105 [kafka-producer-network-thread | producer-2] DEBUG org.apache.kafka.clients.NetworkClient
 - Sending metadata request {topics=[default-topic]} to node -18108 [kafka-producer-network-thread
| producer-1] DEBUG org.apache.kafka.clients.NetworkClient  - Sending metadata request {topics=[default-topic-raw]}
to node -18109 [kafka-producer-network-thread | producer-2] WARN  org.apache.kafka.clients.NetworkClient
 - Error while fetching metadata with correlation id 9 : {default-topic=LEADER_NOT_AVAILABLE}8112
[kafka-producer-network-thread | producer-1] WARN  org.apache.kafka.clients.NetworkClient
 - Error while fetching metadata with correlation id 10 : {default-topic-raw=LEADER_NOT_AVAILABLE}8213
[kafka-producer-network-thread | producer-2] DEBUG org.apache.kafka.clients.NetworkClient
 - Sending metadata request {topics=[default-topic]} to node -18216 [kafka-producer-network-thread
| producer-1] DEBUG org.apache.kafka.clients.NetworkClient  - Sending metadata request {topics=[default-topic-raw]}
to node -1The two topics I attempted to write to were default-topic and default-topic-raw.I've
heard solutions of changing advertised.listeners in the server.properties file to local or
my local IP, but it didn't solve the problem.Benny Ho