kafka-users mailing list archives

From Gwen Shapira <g...@confluent.io>
Subject Re: Kafka In cloud environment
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2016 16:43:31 GMT
No. If you want automatic update, you need to use the same broker id.
Many deployments use EBS to store their broker data. The
auto-generated id is stored with the data, so if a broker dies they
install a new machine and connect it to the existing EBS volume and
immediately get both the old id and the old data.

If you use a different broker id, you need to use the
replica-reassignment tool to move replicas to the new broker.

On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 6:53 PM, Digumarthi, Prabhakar Venkata Surya
<PrabhakarVenkataSurya.Digumarthi@capitalone.com> wrote:
> In case I use automatic brokerId generation and if a broker dies, and a new broker is
added with a different broker Id . Will the replica set gets updated automatically ?

> The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and/or proprietary to Capital
One and/or its affiliates and may only be used solely in performance of work or services for
Capital One. The information transmitted herewith is intended only for use by the individual
or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying
material from your computer.