kafka-users mailing list archives

From Ewen Cheslack-Postava <e...@confluent.io>
Subject Re: Consumer poll in 0.9.0.1 hanging
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2016 05:12:19 GMT
It seems like we definitely shouldn't block indefinitely, but what is
probably happening is that the consumer is fetching metadata, not finding
the topic, then getting hung up somewhere.

It probably won't hang indefinitely -- there is a periodic refresh of
metadata, defaulting to every 5 minutes, which should pick up the topic
once you have created it. Presumably then it would start returning data.

-Ewen

--
Thanks,
Ewen