kafka-users mailing list archives

From vincent gromakowski <vincent.gromakow...@gmail.com>
Subject Kafka REST proxy performance vs Akka HTTP
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2016 09:11:02 GMT
Hi all,
I am familiar with Akka HTTP and have built a prototype of an application
that ingest data to kafka topic with Akka HTTP.
My app is using a new Kafka Producer shared among multiple Akka actors
behind a router. Apps are dedicated per customer and launch in
Mesos/Marathon containers.

I have seen that a Kafka REST proxy exist and was thinking of migrating to
it but I can't find any information on the way it produce to Kafka... Are
there multiple threads ? Is it asynchronous ? Does it scale ? Is there any
failure management ?

My global question is: will I get the same level of performance and
resilience as with an Akka app ?

For information I am not using all the functionalities of the REST proxy,
no consumer and no administration tasks.

TX