kafka-users mailing list archives

From Carlos Rodriguez Fernandez <carlosrodrifernan...@gmail.com>
Subject Consumer poll in 0.9.0.1 hanging
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2016 23:31:10 GMT
Hi,
When using Apache Camel Kafka to consume messages, I notice that when the
topic is not created the fetching here:

   org.apache.camel.component.kafka.KafkaConsumer.run..

ConsumerRecords<Object, Object> records = consumer.poll(Long.MAX_VALUE);

... just hangs forever, even if I create the topic and publish messages. It
seems that I need to create the topic *before* the "poll" is invoked,
otherwise, the poll call never comes back not matter what I do.

Is this an expected behaviors?

Thank you,

Carlos.