kafka-users mailing list archives

From Anish Mashankar <an...@systeminsights.com>
Subject How do I get coordinator for a given consumer using Java API?
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2016 12:06:13 GMT
I am trying to create a centralized application in Java to track consumer
offsets. I followed the guide at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Committing+and+fetching+consumer+offsets+in+Kafka
and was able to get the correct current offset for a consumer group.

However, most of the times I run this program, I get an error code that
corresponds to "Not coordinator for the given consumer" message. I realized
that I am using the wrong broker to query the consumer offset. Is there a
way I can use the correct host for a consumer.

I thought of using the ConsumerGroupDescribe command and parse the output,
but that seems tedious. Is there a simpler way to do this?

Thanking you

Regards
Anish Samir Mashankar