kafka-users mailing list archives

From Mikael Ståldal <mikael.stal...@magine.com>
Subject Java producer client timeout?
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2016 08:43:58 GMT
I am using the Java producer client, with Callback:
http://kafka.apache.org/082/javadoc/org/apache/kafka/clients/producer/KafkaProducer.html#send(org.apache.kafka.clients.producer.ProducerRecord,%20org.apache.kafka.clients.producer.Callback)

(I am not using the returned Future.)

Is there any way to ensure that the Callback will always be invoked in a
timely fashion? The "timeout.ms" config is not sufficient since it does not
account for network latency, and if all server nodes are down or
unreachable, the network latency is indefinite.

I want to be able to specify some "global" timeout that will be applied not
matter what, a guarantee that the Callback will always be invoked within
that timeout (possibly with an Exception).

--
[image: MagineTV]

*Mikael Ståldal*
Senior software developer