kafka-users mailing list archives

From David Garcia <dav...@spiceworks.com>
Subject puncutuate() bug
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2016 22:03:45 GMT
Ok I found the bug.  Basically, if there is an empty topic (in the list of topics being consumed),
any partition-group with partitions from the topic will always return -1 as the smallest timestamp
(see PartitionGroup.java).

To reproduce, simply start a kstreams consumer with one or more empty topics.  Punctuate will
never be called.

-David