kafka-users mailing list archives

From Maria Khan <maria....@gmail.com>
Subject Problems encountered during the consumer shutdown.
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2016 06:41:43 GMT
I am using spring integration ,kafka inbound channel adapter.while closing the consumer app
,i close the adapter and call Metrics.defaultRegistry().shutdown().I get the following exception
.SEVERE [ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]] org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.checkThreadLocalMapForLeaks
The web application  created a ThreadLocal with key of type [com.yammer.metrics.stats.ThreadLocalRandom$1]
(value [com.yammer.metrics.stats.ThreadLocalRandom$1@b6fabce]) and a value of type [com.yammer.metrics.stats.ThreadLocalRandom]
(value [com.yammer.metrics.stats.ThreadLocalRandom@30e03280]) but failed to remove it when
the web application was stopped. Threads are going to be renewed over time to try and avoid
a probable memory leak.

consumer continues to take messages even if the application in underplayed