kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Cuneo, Nicholas" <ncu...@tycoint.com>
Subject Delete Consumer Group Information
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2016 19:02:44 GMT
We are using Kafka .9 and are playing around with the consumer group feature.  We have a lot
of junk and stale consumer group information in the consumer groups and want to get rid of
it.  What's the best way to do that?

Using Kafka Tool, I see that all the consumer groups are stored in 'Kafka' and not 'Zookeeper'.
 When I go to zookeeper the consumers node is empty.

I tried using the ConsumerGroupCommand to delete it but since zookeeper shows no consumers
this does nothing.  If the consumer groups show only being stored in Kafka, are they considered
in memory and completely restarting all Kafka nodes remove them?  If so - why aren't they
being replicated to zookeeper for persistence?
[cid:image003.png@01D21E37.361D9A70]
[cid:image004.png@01D21E37.361D9A70]

Thanks,

Nick Cuneo  /  Software Engineer, Cloud  /  Enterprise Software
Tel: +1 949 517 4802  /  Mobile: +1 949 243 4952
3 Ada  /  Irvine, CA 92618  /  USA
ncuneo@tycoint.com  /  www.tyco.com
[cid:image005.png@01D21E37.361D9A70]

This email (including any attachments) may contain information that is private or business
confidential. If you received this email in error, please delete it from your system without
copying it and notify sender by reply email so that our records can be corrected

This e-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended for the use of the addressees
named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified
that you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in respect of any information contained
in it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by
e-mail and immediately destroy this e-mail and its attachments.