kafka-users mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: HL7 messages to Kafka consumer
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2016 20:32:33 GMT
provisionally accomplished task by embedding A01,A03 and A08 HL7 Event-types into SOAP 1.2
Envelopes
I remember having difficulty transporting over a non-dedicated transport such as what Kafka
implements
Producer Embeds Fragment1 into SOAPEnvelope
Producer Sends Fragment1-SOAPEnvelope of A01
Consumer pulls Fragment1 of A01 from SOAP1.2 Body and places SOAPEnvelope into cache
Consumer quiesces connection presumably so other SOAP 1.2 messages can be transported
Consumer re-activates connection when sufficient bandwidth detected(higher priirity SOAP1.2
envelopes have been transmitted)
Producer Embed Fragment2 into SOAPEnvelope

Producer Sends Fragment2-SOAPEnvelope of A01
Consumer pulls Fragment2 of A01 from SOAP1.2Body and places into cache
When Consumer detects EOT Consumer aggregates n Fragments from cache to all-inclusive A01
event
Consumer parses A01 to segments
Consumer parses attributes of each segment
Consumer insert(s)/update(s) segment-attribute(s)  into database
Consumer displays updated individual segment-attributes to UI and or displays inserted segment-attributes
to UI

Clear?Martin