kafka-users mailing list archives

From Gwen Shapira <g...@confluent.io>
Subject Re: Kafka null keys - OK or a problem?
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2016 02:59:22 GMT
Kafka itself supports null keys. I'm not sure about the Go client you
use, but Confluent's Go client also supports null keys
(https://github.com/confluentinc/confluent-kafka-go/).

If you decide to generate keys and you want even spread, a random
number generator is probably your best bet.

Gwen

--
Gwen Shapira
Product Manager | Confluent