kafka-users mailing list archives

From John Vines <jvi...@gmail.com>
Subject Kafka retention hooks
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2016 22:16:53 GMT
Obligatory sorry if I missed it, but I looked at couldn't find anything.

Does Kafka support any sort of actions to perform when an event gets
truncated due to the retention policy?

Background: I'm looking into using kafka to augment our existing rigid data
flow by using it as a messaging system, but I'm concerned about systems
being unavailable, resulting in persistent data not being cleaned up. I
accept the possibility of missed messages with the exception of a 'missed
cleanup', so I was hoping for a hook available to use to ensure that at
least one action was always available.

Thanks
John