kafka-users mailing list archives

From Ajinkya Joshi <ajo...@definitionnetworks.com>
Subject Kafka consumer not getting old messages
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2016 14:03:02 GMT
Hi,

My kafka consumer is not receiving older messages which were published
prior to the consumer bootup.
*Setup -*

   - I am using new consumer paradigm using kafka 0.10.
   - This is the only consumer in that consumer group.
   -

   log.retention.hours=168

Following is the *output on consumer group command* -

GROUP                          TOPIC                          PARTITION
CURRENT-OFFSET  LOG-END-OFFSET  LAG             OWNER

[10_1_1]                       kafka-topic-send-count       0
unknown         33              unknown         rdkafka_/192.168.0.45
When my *consumer is not running I get this output *-

Consumer group `[10_1_1]` does not exist or is rebalancing.

If I set offset.reset to "earliest" I get all the messages, which were
previously consumed.

What I am actually looking for is to receive the all the messages since
last commit point for that consumer.

Could someone guide me on how to solve this issue?
--
Regards,
Ajinkya Joshi