kafka-users mailing list archives

From Ali Akhtar <ali.rac...@gmail.com>
Subject Safely deleting all existing topics?
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2016 22:33:55 GMT
In development, I often need to delete all existing data in all topics, and
start over.

My process for this currently is: stop zookeeper, stop kafka broker, rm -rf
~/kafka/data/*

But when I bring the broker back on, it often prints a bunch of errors and
needs to be restarted before it actually works.

I'm assuming some info is being persisted on Zookeeper.

Any ideas which other data I need to delete to start over w/ a clean slate?

Thanks.