kafka-users mailing list archives

From Ali Akhtar <ali.rac...@gmail.com>
Subject Kafka Streams - Parallel by default or 1 thread per topic?
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2016 20:27:14 GMT
I need to consume a large number of topics, and handle each topic in a
different way.

I was thinking about creating a different KStream for each topic, and doing
KStream.foreach for each stream, to process incoming messages.

However, its unclear if this will be handled in a parallel way by default,
or if I need to create a managed ThreadPool and create the KStream for each
topic within its own thread pool.

Can anyone shed some light - does KStreamBuilder / KStream handle
concurrency for each KStream, or does this need to be managed?

Thanks.