kafka-users mailing list archives

From Craig Swift <craig.sw...@returnpath.com.INVALID>
Subject Kafka 10 Consumer Reading from Kafka 8 Cluster?
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2016 18:32:07 GMT
Hello,

We're in the process of upgrading several of our clusters to Kafka 10. I
was wondering if it's possible to use the Kafka 10 client code (old or new)
to read from a source Kafka 8 cluster and then use the new 10 producer to
write to a destination Kafka 10 cluster? I know there's a recommended
upgrade path per the documentation but we're unfortunately not able to
update the source cluster quite yet. Thoughts?

Craig