kafka-users mailing list archives

From Zoltán Zvara <zoltan.zv...@gmail.com>
Subject kafka.tools.MirrorMaker issue while broker IDs do not match
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2016 13:25:00 GMT
Hi,

I've a problem with the MirrorMaker, while trying to replicate a few topics
to another Kafka cluster.
Source cluster is a 4 node Kafka cluster with static broker IDs from 0 to
3. Target cluster is a 15 node Kafka cluster with dynamic broker IDs,
assigned from 1000 or 1001 (whatever). Producer in the MirrorMaker hangs
with the following retry messages

WARN Error while fetching metadata with correlation id 82 :
{whatever_topic=LEADER_NOT_AVAILABLE}
(org.apache.kafka.clients.NetworkClient)

probably since there is no broker with ID 0 to 3 in the target cluster. How
may I overcome this?
(I don't want to do broker shutdowns, partition reassignments and so on. Or
do I? What is going to happen with my data that I have currently on source
cluster?)

Thanks!