kafka-users mailing list archives

From Avi Flax <avi.f...@parkassist.com>
Subject Re: difficulty to delete a topic because of its syntax
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2016 13:51:03 GMT
> On Oct 6, 2016, at 06:24, Ismael Juma <ismael@juma.me.uk> wrote:
>
> It's worth mentioning that Streams is in the process of transitioning from
> updating ZooKeeper directly to using the newly introduced create topics and
> delete topics protocol requests. It was too late for 0.10.1.0, but should
> land in trunk soonish.

That’s great to hear!

Does this mean that the next release (after 0.10.1.0, maybe ~Feb?) might remove altogether
the requirement that Streams apps be able to access ZooKeeper directly? Or is this simply
a solid step in that direction? It’s good news either way; really I’m just curious.

Thanks!
Avi

————
Software Architect @ Park Assist