kafka-users mailing list archives

From Akshay Joglekar <akshay.jogle...@danalinc.com>
Subject Delayed Queue usecase
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2016 23:14:41 GMT
Hi,

I have a use case where I need to process certain messages only after a certain amount time
has elapsed. Does Kafka have any support for time delays?
Currently I am putting messages in different queues based on when the message should get processed
and at any given time the consumers only poll the queue whose time is current. However this
does not scale very well and it's hard to provide finer second-level or millisecond level
granularity since the number of queues required becomes huge at that point. So was wondering
if Kafka provides any built-in mechanism for time delays that can be used.

Thanks,
Akshay