kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Hysi, Lorenc" <lorenc.h...@boeing.com>
Subject Deleting a message after all consumer have consumed it
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2016 20:34:37 GMT
Hello,

Thank you for your time.

I wanted to ask whether it's possible to remove a message from a topic after making sure all
consumers have gotten a it. If so what is the best way to achieve this?

Also how do I make sure that all consumers  have received a message. Any way to do this in
kafka or zookeeper? I keep looking but I'm only seeing that only consumers themselves keep
track of where they are and if so any way to have consumers talk to each other to make sure
they all have consumed the same message.

If this is not the right place to ask this question I apologize in advance and please let
me know where to ask if you can.

Thank you!