kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Tauzell, Dave" <Dave.Tauz...@surescripts.com>
Subject Re: Link read avro from Kafka Connect Issue
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2016 01:59:38 GMT
Is Kafka connect adding some bytes to the beginning of the avro with the scheme registry id?

Dave

> On Nov 2, 2016, at 18:43, Will Du <willddy@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> By using the kafka-avro-console-consumer I am able to get rich message from kafka connect
with AvroConvert, but it got no output except schema from Flink

> By using the producer with defaultEncoding, the kafka-avro-console-consumer throws exceptions
show how. But Flink consumer works. But my target is to get Flink costume avro data produced
by Kafka connect

>> On Nov 2, 2016, at 7:36 PM, Will Du <willddy@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Nov 2, 2016, at 7:31 PM, Will Du <willddy@gmail.com <mailto:willddy@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> Hi folks,
>> I am trying to consume avro data from Kafka in Flink. The data is produced by Kafka
connect using AvroConverter. I have created a AvroDeserializationSchema.java <https://gist.github.com/datafibers/ae9d624b6db44865ae14defe8a838123>
used by Flink consumer. Then, I use following code to read it.

>> public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception {
>>              StreamExecutionEnvironment env = StreamExecutionEnvironment.getExecutionEnvironment();
>>              Properties properties = new Properties();
>>              properties.setProperty("bootstrap.servers", “localhost:9092");
>>              properties.setProperty("zookeeper.connect", “localhost:2181”);
>> Schema schema = new Parser().parse("{" + "\"name\": \"test\", "
>>                                       + "\"type\": \"record\", "
>>                                       + "\"fields\": "
>>                                       +" [ "
>>                                       + "  { \"name\": \"name\", \"type\": \"string\"
},"
>>                                       + "  { \"name\": \"symbol\", \"type\": \"string\"
},"
>>                                       + "  { \"name\": \"exchange\", \"type\": \"string\"}"
>>                                       + "] "
>>                                       +"}");
>>
>>              AvroDeserializationSchema avroSchema = new AvroDeserializationSchema<>(schema);
>>              FlinkKafkaConsumer09<GenericRecord> kafkaConsumer =
>>                  new FlinkKafkaConsumer09<>("myavrotopic",avroSchema, properties);
>>              DataStream<GenericRecord> messageStream = env.addSource(kafkaConsumer);
>>              messageStream.rebalance().print();
>>              env.execute("Flink AVRO KAFKA Test");
>> }
>>
>> Once, I run the code, I am able to get the schema information only as follows.
>> {"name":"", "symbol":"", "exchange":""}
>> {"name":"", "symbol":"", "exchange":""}
>> {"name":"", "symbol":"", "exchange":""}
>> {"name":"", "symbol":"", "exchange":”"}
>>
>> Could anyone help to find out the issues why I cannot decode it?
>>
>> Further troubleshooting, I found out if I use a kafka producer here <https://gist.github.com/datafibers/d063b255b50fa34515c0ac9e24d4485c>
to send the avro data especially using kafka.serializer.DefaultEncoder. Above code can get
correct result. Does any body know how to either set DefaultEncoder in Kafka Connect or set
it when writing customized kafka connect? Or in the other way, how should I modify the AvroDeserializationSchema.java
for instead?

>> Thanks, I’ll post this to the Flink user group as well.
>> Will

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential, may contain sensitive information,
and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail immediately
and destroy all copies of the e-mail and any attachments.