kafka-users mailing list archives

From Ara Ebrahimi <ara.ebrah...@argyledata.com>
Subject kafka streams rocksdb tuning (or memory leak?)
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2016 22:51:47 GMT
Hi,

I have a few KTables in my application. Some of them have unlimited windows. If I leave the
application to run for a few hours, I see the java process consume more and more memory, way
above the -Xmx limit. I understand this is due to the rocksdb native lib used by kafka streams.
What I don’t understand is how I can control how much rocksdb data should be kept in memory.
I know I can use the RocksDBConfigSetter class, but I need more information on why this unbounded
memory allocation happens and how to tune it.

Thanks,
Ara.