kafka-users mailing list archives

From Divyajothi Baskaran <dbaska...@expedia.com>
Subject Upgrading from kafka-0.8.1.1 to kafka-0.9.0.1
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2016 00:31:44 GMT
Hi,
For the past 6 months,I am the dev for our solution written on top of kafka-0.8.1.1. It is
in stable for us. We thought we would upgrade to kafka-0.9.0.1.
With the server upgrade, we did not face any issues.

We have our own solution built to extract the messages and write to different destinations
and also messages read by storm. For our unit tests we were using the following maven artifact

<groupId>org.apache.kafka</groupId>

<artifactId>kafka_2.9.2</artifactId>

<version>0.8.1.1</version>

I could not find, 0.9.0.1 version for kafka_2.9.2. Hence I moved to kafka_2.11 first. This
is the artifact used:

<groupId>org.apache.kafka</groupId>

<artifactId>kafka_2.11</artifactId>

<version>0.9.0.1</version>

I was running into following issue:

  *   scala.ScalaObject not found issue
  *   java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: scala.Predef$.ArrowAssoc(Ljava/lang/Object;)Ljava/lang/Object;
  *   kafkaConfig<init> issue with NoSuchMethodError (Ljava/util/map;)Ljava/util/map

Also most of the time, I would run into KafkaServerStartable(both in kafka_2.10-0.9.0.1 and
kafka_2.11-0.9.0.1) hang issue. But with the same unit tests, I never got into kafka server
hang issue with kafka_2.9.2.

Could you please help me with my problem ?

Am I missing anything?

Thanks,

Divya