kafka-users mailing list archives

From Json Tu <kafka...@126.com>
Subject Question about KIP-73 pr merge
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2016 07:30:35 GMT
Hi all,
	We are now using kafka 0.9.0 in our product enviroment, and we add one broker to the cluster,and
execute reassign partitions between all brokers,we find our network card and disk io is
very high.
and I know KIP-73 has resolved this problem, but I wonder can I merge it to my kafka 0.9.0
directly, because I have two doubts as below.
	1.https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/1776 <https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/1776>
is created compared with trunk, kafka 0.9.0 is diff to trunk.
	2.because of the diff of kafka 0.9.0 and trunk, there may be some bugfixs that associated
with this pr, how can I avoid this risk.

  	Any suggestion is appreciated,thanks in advance.