kafka-users mailing list archives

From Hans Jespersen <h...@confluent.io>
Subject Re: Regarding Connection Problem
Date Sat, 17 Dec 2016 19:56:47 GMT
I would recommend you use either the Blizzard node-rdkafka module ( see https://github.com/Blizzard/node-rdkafka
<https://github.com/Blizzard/node-rdkafka>) or the Confluent kafka-rest-node module
( see https://github.com/confluentinc/kafka-rest-node <https://github.com/confluentinc/kafka-rest-node>)

The Blizzard code is a node.js wrapper on the excellent C language librdkafka library so it
talkes native Kafka wire protocol.

The Confluent code is a pure javascript node.js interface to the Confluent Kafka REST Proxy
(see http://docs.confluent.io/3.1.0/kafka-rest/docs/index.html <http://docs.confluent.io/3.1.0/kafka-rest/docs/index.html>)
so it uses HTTP(S) between your node.js app and the Kafka REST Proxy which makes it a good
choice if your code is running outside the datacenter and behind firewalls that might not
allow direct Kafka TCP client connections to remote Kafka Brokers.

I have personally used both on these node.js libraries in a number of my own node Kafka applications
and they are both up to date and stable.

-hans