kafka-users mailing list archives

From h...@confluent.io
Subject Re: How to connect Modbus, DNP or IEC61850 data to Kafka
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2016 20:07:56 GMT
If the data volumes are low or you just want a quick prototype as a proof of concept you could
use existing tools like node-red to connect the various input protocols with Kafka as an output
protocol. For example install from http://nodered.org then install node-red-contrib-modbus,
then install node-red-contrib-rdkafka, connect and configure the inputs and outputs and you
will have data flow. Same with just about any serial, TCP, or UDP based protocol.

If you want something higher performance or industrial strength you can find commercial or
open source Kafka Connectors or write your own native Kafka Connector for each input protocol.
There are over 150 Kafka Connectors already built (search for "kafka-connect-*" in github)
and see the following connector landing page for more info on Kafka Connect https://www.confluent.io/product/connectors/

-hans

Sent from my iPhone
> On Dec 3, 2016, at 3:53 AM, Wang LongTian <longtian@outlook.com> wrote:
>
> Dear all gurus,
> I'm new to Kafka and I'm going to connect the real time data steaming from power system
supervision and control devices to Kafka via different communication protocols for example
Modbus, DNP or IEC61850 and next to Storm processing system.