kafka-users mailing list archives

From Brian Krahmer <bkrah...@krahmer.com>
Subject Re: Re: Topic discovery when supporting multiple kafka clusters
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2016 20:37:38 GMT
You didn't mention anything about your current configuration, just that
you are 'out of resources'.  Perhaps you misunderstand how to size your
partitions per topic, and how partition allocation works.  If your
brokers are maxed on cpu, and you double the number of brokers but keep
the replica count the same, I would expect cpu usage to nearly get cut
in half.  How many brokers do you have, how many topics do you have and
how many partitions per topic do you have?  What is your resource
utilization for bandwidth, CPU, and memory?  How many average consumers
do you have for each topic?

brian