kafka-users mailing list archives

From Micah Whitacre <mkwhita...@gmail.com>
Subject ConnectStandalone with no starting connector properties
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2016 18:42:42 GMT
I'm curious if there was an intentional reason that Kafka Connect
standalone requires a connector properties on startup?[1]
 ConnectDistributed only requires the worker properties.  ConnectStandalone
however requires the worker properties and at least one connector
properties.  Since connectors can still be managed for standalone using the
REST API, I was wondering if that restriction could be lifted?  If so I'll
log an enhancement JIRA but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something
obvious.

Thanks,
Micah

[1] -